Get more info at Healthcare Worker Wednesday. Learn more.
Spring and Summer 2020 graduates are invited to participate in the December 2020 commencement ceremony. We know this is one of the most exciting times in your life and want you to experience graduation with your family and friends.
Fall Commencement Information
Congratulations! The Mercy College community is proud of how hard you have worked to earn your degree!
To celebrate your achievement, Commencement will occur on Thursday, December 17, 2020, at the Holy Rosary Cathedral for the Toledo campus. Currently, we are planning four ceremonies at the following times: 10-11 a.m., 1-2 p.m., 4-5 p.m., and 6-7 p.m. You will be assigned to one of these ceremonies based on the number of RSVP responses and current health guidelines.
*Commencement for the Youngstown campus will occur on Friday, December 18, 2020, at TBA.
Please be sure to order your cap and gown and RSVP via the links below for the event by the November 2, 2020 deadline.
Cap and Gown Order
The deadline to order your Cap and Gown through Jostens is November 2 to ensure you receive your regalia prior to the Commencement date. Please place your order immediately to avoid late fees.
- Caps and gowns are priced differently per student, depending on the degree you are earning.
- You must purchase the gown that corresponds with your degree. (For example Bachelor's degree students must purchase the Bachelor's degree package which includes the cap, gown, and hood.)
Instructions for Ordering Your Cap and Gown
- Go to: jostens.com
- Next to Get Started Now type in Mercy College of Ohio and select
- Click on Graduation Caps and Gowns
- Choose: Student Toledo Campus 2020 Grad OR Student Youngstown Campus 2020 Grad
- Click on either the Certificate or Associate or Bachelor (depending on the certification/degree you are earning or have earned as of the 2020 academic year)
- Click on the Customize It button
- Enter your height and weight and click on Next
- Select the major in which you will be obtaining or have obtained your degree in the 2020 academic year and click on Complete
- Click on Add to Cart
- Type in Your First and Last Name and click on Check Out Now
- Once your order has been successful, you will receive a "Thank You" message and confirmation number. Print this for your records. In the event of an order error, you will need to submit this to student records to avoid additional fees.
The deadline to RSVP online for the commencement ceremony is November 2.
*Those graduates originally attending the Spring commencement ceremony who plan to attend the Fall ceremony, be sure to RSVP for the Fall ceremony.
The location of the ceremony for which you are invited to attend is contingent upon the home location of your certificate or degree program. The home location for all programs, other than A.S. Nursing Youngstown Day and Evening programs, is the Toledo Campus.
Graduates are asked to dress in appropriate attire under their academic regalia. Business or casual business attire is recommended for the event.
- Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral is located at 2535 Collingwood Blvd, Toledo, OH 43610.
- Graduate time of arrival: TBA
- The Commencement Ceremony will begin: TBA
- Each graduate will be allowed 3 guests.
- Please reference the Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Cathedral Map for location and parking directions.
- Youngstown info TBA.
More information and a timeline of the event will be provided via email. If you have any questions, please email the Student Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for Graduation
Graduation Applications are available on the sixth floor of the College at the Student Records Office or through the graduation application link below. Please complete your graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor. Your academic advisor will review your plan of study with you and must sign your graduation application for it to be complete.
Completed graduation applications are to be submitted to your academic advisor or returned to the Student Records Office or Darnell Irvine (at the Youngstown location) with an advisor signature.
Students who plan to graduate in the following semesters your applications are due:
|Fall 2020||Friday, July 3, 2020|
|Spring 2021||Friday, November 6, 2020|
|Summer 2021||Monday, February 1, 2021|
|Fall 2021||Friday, July 2, 2021|
*Summer graduates are invited to walk in the Spring Commencement ceremony prior to their final semester.
Complete this graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor.
Document .pdfGraduation Application
Complete this graduation application in accordance with your academic advisor.Download
Diploma and Honor Cords
*Honor cords for eligible undergraduates will be provided at the event.
*Diplomas are mailed to graduates two weeks after the end of the semester.
Toledo and Youngstown students and alumni have the opportunity to order a beautiful custom Mercy College of Ohio diploma frame. These frames are embossed with the Mercy College Seal and will allow you to display your diploma with pride. Build your own custom frame at UniversityFrames.com. Frames are shipped to you directly. Please feel free to stop by the Mercy College Clothing Store to see a sample.
Diploma sizes are as follows:
Certificate: 5x7 inches
Associate and Bachelor's: 8x10 inches
Master's: 8.5x11 inches