Check out dates and sign up to attend.
Financial Aid FAQJump to related links
Everything you need to know.
Download our Financial Aid Booklet to learn everything you need to know about Financial Aid at Mercy College.
Document .pdfFinancial Aid Booklet
A booklet summarizing options, action steps and other financial aid information.Download
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for financial aid at Mercy College?
The only form necessary to apply for financial aid is the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA is used to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
External LinkFAFSA Application
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a form that can be prepared annually by current and prospective college students (undergraduate and graduate) in the United States to determine their eligibility for student financial aid.Visit Link
What is the school code for Mercy College?
Mercy College of Ohio's School Code
The Mercy College school code is 030970. Be sure to include this on the FAFSA so that your information is sent to the Financial Aid Office.
What is the deadline for submitting the FAFSA?
You might hear about some changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). But don’t worry; these changes were put in place to make the FAFSA process easier.
Starting with the 2017–18 FAFSA, there will be two major changes:
- You’ll be able to submit your FAFSA® earlier. You can file your 2017–18 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2016, rather than beginning on Jan. 1, 2017. The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling you to complete and submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 every year. If you file the FAFSA earlier, you’ll have an earlier indication of how much your family is expected to contribute, which will help with budgeting for the upcoming school year.
- You’ll use earlier income and tax information. Beginning with the 2017–18 FAFSA, students will be required to report income and tax information from an earlier tax year. For example, on the 2017–18 FAFSA, you—and your parent(s), as appropriate—will report your 2015 income and tax information, rather than your 2016 income and tax information. This change will make the FAFSA easier because you’ll already have done your taxes by the time you fill out your FAFSA, and you may be able to automatically import your tax information into your FAFSA.
When will I receive an award offer?
We make every effort to ensure that our students receive award offers as soon as possible.
Our goal is to provide incoming freshmen who have met the priority filing date and who have submitted all requested paperwork with an award offer in time to make an informed decision about their college choice.
For continuing students, award offers are usually completed at the end of spring semester. If you have met the priority filing date and have not received an award offer by the end of May please contact our office.
Can I use my Veterans Administration (VA) benefits at Mercy College?
Yes, veterans, service members, and dependents eligible for VA education benefits may use those benefits at Mercy College.
Information for veterans on obtaining VA Education Benefits as a form of financial aid.Go
When is the Financial Aid Office open and where is it located?
The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM unless otherwise posted. Evening appointments are available with advanced notice. We are located on the sixth floor, Jefferson Avenue entrance, Toledo campus.
How do I get in touch with your office?
There are several ways to get in touch with the Financial Aid Office. You can call the office directly at 419-251-1219. If no one is available your call will be returned within 48 hours. You can also e-mail us or stop by our office during business hours.
Office of Financial Aid
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 419-251-1219
- Toll Free Phone Number: 1-888-80-MERCY Toll Free
- Fax Number: 419-251-0969
- Location: 6th floor, Toledo campus
- Hours: Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (M-F)
Does Mercy College offer any payment options?
There are several payment options available to students. To make payment arrangements or for further information you will need to contact the Business Office at 419-251-1726. The financial aid office does not handle payments.
What is the Tuition Refund Policy?
Please refer to your College Catalog for Mercy College’s tuition refund policy.
What is the Withdrawal Policy?
You must officially withdraw from your courses. This process can be started with the Office of Student Records. Please refer to your College Catalog for Mercy College’s withdrawal policy.